The Casual Observer: "New Paltz Action"


New Paltz on a Tuesday morning on my way to the bookstore: a sunny summer day, my camera in hand, just in case I come across something "BLOGwhile". And - voila - I see huge lamps lining the street, obviously some filming is going on. New Paltz is a pretty town but film crews are not a regular sight. Who wouldn't be curious now?! I am :)

I turn the corner and it's all happening at BARNER BOOKS, the second hand book store. I ask the extras who are standing next to the store: "What's the movie about? Who is the director?"
"I don't know", one woman shrugs her shoulders. "It has something to do with kidneys", volunteers another woman. "I think, it's about a woman needing a kidney transplant and then she falls in love", says the third. LOL - now that sounds like a great plot :)




Coming up the street
 
On my way to the book store on Church Street





Things are happening here, but what is it exactly? :)


The actress in action, rushing down to the book store a few yards away
Asking other extras I get some more information: The director is Helmut Metzger and the movie is supposed to be a German/American production. The scene I am witnessing is a German actress driving in a red convertible to the bookstore, getting out in a huff and storming into the store.

"What's that scene about?" I ask someone. "I think she is upset, because she is losing her apartment." Ha! .... well that makes a lot of sense ... I have gotten lots of advice in book stores.

Next day, evening scene, director and camera man (on the left) are discussing the next steps

 A day later: The film crew is gone and the clean up begins:

Barner Books had turned into "Vivien's Book Shop" for a few days


On the way back to normal

The peace has returned

And what is the movie about? I'll let you know, if I'll ever find out.



1 comment:

  1. The mystery has been solved. The scene is part of a German TV movie that was shown on ZDF on 11/18, called "Ein Teil von Dir" (a part of you) based on a novel by Katie Fforde.

    Danke, Gretel, daß Du das Geheimnis gelüftet hast :)

    ReplyDelete